Viper Showdown Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard

Viper Showdown Electronic Soft Tip Dartboard
The Viper Showdown electronic dartboard is designed with a regulation sized 15.5" target face and a bright LCD display that delivers a crisp, clear view of scoring and statistics; eliminating manual scorekeeping. Surrounding the target face is a large missed dart catch ring which offers protection for your wall from errant throws. See also Viper Dart Boards

This dartboard is constructed from tournament quality thermal resin segments, providing an exceptionally durable playing surface. The stylish color scheme showcases red, blue, white and black, further enhancing your gameplay experience. An ultra-thin spider greatly reduces bounce outs, allowing for closer dart groupings to maximize scoring.

The Viper Showdown is intended to be used with soft tip darts and features 32 games with 590 options; accommodating up-to 8 players. Popular options include cricket, 01, single in/out, double in/out and double bull. This electronic dartboard includes 6 starter darts and mounting hardware. The Viper Showdown requires 3 AA batteries to operate, which is sold separately. GLD Products proudly stands by the quality of their products, offering a limited 1 year manufacturer warranty.

Fun! And the soft-tip darts are safe on my wood-paneled wall

I haven't played darts in years. I forgot how fun it can be! I was a bit skeptical of the whole "soft tip dart" idea, but I knew I didn't have a place where I could throw sharp metal darts. So, I gave this a try, and I'm glad I did!

A few notes:

  • Setup could have been easier if the kit included a template for marking holes on the wall. Instead, I used the numeric measurements in the installation guide, and ended up having to redrill one of the holes.
  • There are a variety of game variations that I can play. The included manual walks you through how to select a game, along with specific details about the game (such as the number of players, the value of the bullseye, and so on). It was pretty easy to select a game once I got the hang of it.
  • The board automates scoring, and keeping track of whose turn it is. That takes a little getting used to. For example, if I throw three darts that land on the board somewhere, then the system automatically knows my turn is done. But if I throw and miss the board, then the system sits there waiting for one last dart. I just have to remember to press a button to say that my turn is done.
  • The soft tips work quite well. I would say that in perhaps one out of every ten throws, the dart bounces off the board and onto the floor. But when that happens, the board typically recognizes it as having hit the board. So, if you hit the bullseye but the dart bounces out, you'll get credit for hitting the bullseye.
  • After playing several games, I've notice that the tips start to bend a bit. For the most part, I can just straighten out the tips by hand. But if they get too bent, the board comes with a lot of replacement tips. The board also comes with an advertisement for upgrading to better darts. The included darts seem somewhat light and not very professional. That's perfect for me. But if you're a bit more experienced, you may want to consider a better set of soft-tip darts.
  • The soft tips are lightweight enough that I am not at all worried about them causing damage to the wall. If you are hesitating because you are concerned about wall damage, I don't think you need to worry.

All in all, what matters most to me is: it's fun! I'm happy to be playing darts again!
Previous Post Next Post

نموذج الاتصال